Friday, January 22, 2010

Inversion IPA, Deshutes Brewer






















Beer: Inversion IPA
Style: IPA
Brewery: Deshutes Brewer
Brewery Location: Bend, Oregon
Site: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/splash/default.aspx

Review:
This isn't the first beer I have had from this brewery, I got my hands on a limited edition Red Chair IPA they made this paste late fall, which I will do a review for soon.
The Inversion IPA was nothing close to the Red Chair IPA. The beer is too bitter with no malt characteristics to balance the bitterness out. I could be wrong about this but there is a hop extract out there that some breweries use in place of real hops that in my opinion taste horrible, i think this beer has this hop extract in it.

Grade: B-

1 comment:

  1. This is a great start to the blog. I think that we should try to represent our part of the country and share what each area has to offer. With that being stated, let me know if you get anything from MI because I can't. I'd really like to try anything from Founders.

    ReplyDelete